Hirsch’s Silverlakes recently hosted their monthly Business Networking event with Guest Speaker for the event, Pieter du Plessis from Action Coach a business that provides business assistance, advice, coaching and mentoring services to SMME’s.
The topic Pieter spoke on was the 8 Habits of High Performance based on a study by Brad Sugars, and urged the audience to remember that success is all about consistency as there are no magic solutions. He expounded on the following points:
- ‘Relationships’ – the importance of investing and working on relationships
- ‘Learn before you Earn’ – attendance of Seminars, being Mentored and reading books.
- ‘Health is real Wealth’ – daily exercise and healthy eating
- ‘Starting with the End in Mind’ – dream charts, vision boards and a bucket list journal.
- ‘Work your Plans’ – spending time daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually in planning activities
- ‘Work harder on yourself than on your job’ – giving time to develop skills and on personal development
- ‘Self-Management’ – building “I am” statements around the different roles (eg. As a parent, spouse, child, entrepreneur)
- ‘Dream and Visualise’ – taking time daily to dream and ‘see’ where you would like to be
After a most inspiring and challenging message, each of the attendees were given the opportunity to present themselves and their business in a 30-second ‘elevator pitch’. Some lucky draw prizes were up for grabs, where after all present could network informally over light refreshments and a ‘legendary’ Hirsch’s cappuccino.