Over the last four years, Margaret Hirsch has been the recipient of a variety of awards to acknowledge her contribution to the business world in South Africa, from the BWASA Business Woman of the Year (Entrepreneur) award in 2012 to being nominated at the most Influential Woman in the Retail and Wholesale Industry in Africa at the Titans of Africa Awards in 2015.
“Winning these awards has been wonderful – both for Hirsch’s and for me personally, and I would like to see this happening to other women in business” Margaret explained when she decided to launch the Margaret Hirsch Business Woman of the Year Award in each area in which Hirsch’s operates throughout South Africa. “As women, we tend not to be assertive enough. There are so many fantastic women out there who are not coming forward to be acknowledged for their contribution to the business world, and I would like to encourage them to come forward and enter the competition, or nominate a friend or business owner who they would like to be recognized for this award and if you think you are a successful business woman don’t be too shy to enter yourself!” she said.
Every month at Hirsch’s branches throughout South Africa, a Ladies Networking morning will be held . At the function a business woman in each community in which Hirsch’s operates will be nominated for the Margaret Hirsch Woman in Business Achiever of the Month. They then go forward to enter the Margaret Hirsch Woman in Business Achiever of the Year Award.
Here are the rules and details for entering this exciting competition:
- Include entry fee of R100.00 payable on submission. The funds will be donated to the The Girls with Dignity Project.
- Entrants and business must be based in the area in which a Hirsch branch operates: KZN: Ballito, Umhlanga, Umgeni Road, Hillcrest. Gauteng: Boksburg, Meadowdale, Centurion, Silverlakes, Fourways and Strubens Valley. Cape Town: Milnerton and Somerset West.
- The entrepreneurial enterprise must not be operating at a loss
- Nominees must be engaged in their profession as a means of livelihood.
- Nominees are required to operate an entrepreneurial enterprise as a sole proprietorship, a partnership or close corporation.
- All entrants must have a web-presence in the form of a blog or website.
- Entrant must also have been in her current position for at least 18 months
If you would like to enter, contact email@example.com