- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 220 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (halved and scraped)
- 400 ml double cream
- Attach the MQ 40 chopper/ blender accessory to Braun’s Identity Collection MQ 7 hand blender. Blend the strawberries in two batches. Thanks to the variable one-hand speed control, you maintain maximum precision and control performance with one hand. For best blending results, use highest speed.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water).
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla pod using Braun’s MQ 10 whisk accessory. Start blending slowly and continue for 5 minutes until pale and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking at a medium speed until it has cooled and reached the desired texture.
- Still using the MQ 10 whisk accessory, whisk the cream in the 600 ml beaker until soft peaks form and then gently fold through the egg mixture (make sure you have washed the whisk attachment). To achieve best results, start at low speed and increase the speed while whipping.
- Combine half the cream mixture with the puréed strawberries. Alternatively layer the strawberry mixture with the plain cream into ramekins or glasses. Freeze overnight until firm.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
This recipe was prepared using Braun’s IdentityCollection Multiquick 5 Vario hand blender, its MQ 40 chopper/ blender accessory, its MQ 10 whisk accessory and the 600 ml beaker.