Due to popular demand, Hirsch’s Centurion recently hosted their first Domestic Cooking course, with 23 ladies in attendance.
Said Hirsch’s Joanne Brunette “With the kind assistance of our Suppliers Snappy Chef and Zwilling, the course was a huge success. Copies of the recipes were given to all participants, who could follow the different steps.”
The different recipes that were demonstrated were:
Basic Tuna Tart
Curry for Beginners
The Domestics were able to sample all of the dishes, and if the ‘oohs and aahs’ and the empty plates afterwards was anything to go by, the food was enjoyed by all!
Certificates of completion were presented to all Attendees.
Hirsch’s plan to repeat this course on a monthly basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Monthly Business Networking event held at Hirsch’s Centurion was well supported by the business community, with more than 60 people in attendance. Guest speaker, Eberhard Niklaus addressed the group on the topic ‘Invest in your Potential’.
Eberhard, who has lectured numerous audiences, and coached dozens of business owners to manage successful businesses spoke about the importance of having a positive mindset, using the acronym INVEST to illustrate how we can invest in ourselves:
Inspiration – get inspired, read positive books, make positive affirmations, surround yourself with positive people
No Problems, only opportunities – look for the opportunity in each challenge
Vision – have crystal clear vision of where you want to go
Enthusiasm – nothing happens without you being enthusiastic about it
Self Worth – write down 100 things you have accomplished, this will help you to see your own worth
Thoughts create reality – we can choose to change our thoughts and our emotional state
First time visitor, Nico Prinsloo, commented: “Thank you so much for this opportunity, I will definitely be attending these events on a regular basis as I have made valuable contacts today.”
Contact Joanne Brunette at email@example.com to book your seat for the next networking event!
As a way of acknowledging the stalwarts in our homes, our Domestic Workers, Hirsch’s branches around the country hold a monthly competition whereby employers nominate their Domestic Worker, motivating why they deserve to win. The monthly winner receives a R300,00 Hirsch Voucher and Certificate and their names go forward for the title of Hirsch’s Domestic Worker of the Year, with a prize of R5000,00.
The Hirsch Centurion winner this month was Ester Mutambirwa. She was handed the award in the presence of her peers. Cindy Schutte, Ester’s Employer said: “She has been a part of our family for the past 7 years. Not only is she a brilliant housekeeper, but she takes care of our family with so much love! She is my son’s second Mom when I am not around. Without her our lives and our home would never be the same!”
BRAUN’S MULTIQUICK 7 HANDBLENDER…
MAKING ONE-HANDED COOKING A REALITY!
Available from all Hirsch branches (stock code 47872) The Braun Multiquick 7 hand blender (MQ735) brings amazing new technology to the science of hand blenders – Smart Speed. The more you squeeze the more power you get. Yep! One squeeze, all speeds!
This means that you can literally prepare meals with one hand behind your back. By gently pressing the extra-large speed button on the regulator, the blender goes faster or slower.
What’s more, the Multiquick 7 comes with the kind of extras that make food preparation a piece of cake. There’s the PowerBell blender with ultra-hard stainless steel blades and unique bell-shaped blending shaft – easily attachable with a single click – that gives a finer, more even, perfect blend. There’s a BPA-free plastic beaker with both ml and fl oz measurements. And there’s also a whisk and chopper.
- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 220 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (halved and scraped)
- 400 ml double cream
- Attach the MQ 40 chopper/ blender accessory to Braun’s Identity Collection MQ 7 hand blender. Blend the strawberries in two batches. Thanks to the variable one-hand speed control, you maintain maximum precision and control performance with one hand. For best blending results, use highest speed.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water).
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla pod using Braun’s MQ 10 whisk accessory. Start blending slowly and continue for 5 minutes until pale and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking at a medium speed until it has cooled and reached the desired texture.
- Still using the MQ 10 whisk accessory, whisk the cream in the 600 ml beaker until soft peaks form and then gently fold through the egg mixture (make sure you have washed the whisk attachment). To achieve best results, start at low speed and increase the speed while whipping.
- Combine half the cream mixture with the puréed strawberries. Alternatively layer the strawberry mixture with the plain cream into ramekins or glasses. Freeze overnight until firm.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
This recipe was prepared using Braun’s IdentityCollection Multiquick 5 Vario hand blender, its MQ 40 chopper/ blender accessory, its MQ 10 whisk accessory and the 600 ml beaker.